Life working out well - Hitting the FIVE Year mark!

     "Then my oncologist put me on [Reamadix] was going to be our next treatment  – the role of the Reamadix if there are any cancer cells left in my body they will starve them. So in order to take Reamadix you have to be in menopause and she wasn’t sure if the markers and indicators that she had that I was not completely in menopause and so they would give me Reamadix a rolodex shot once a month and this was a time release capsule that puts me into menopause and so I would go once a month down to Kaiser to get my rolodex shot and also once every month, I had have to have my port flushed though I was no longer using it, it was still in and they don’t want it getting clogged up and so once a month they have to flush it out put some saline through it. They do a blood draw to make sure they are getting blood out and they flush a couple of tubes of saline through it and then we’re good to go. So a quick appointment but still I had to make another trip down to Kaiser. I would try to get the schedule while all the kids were in school. That worked really well.
     "I began about every 3 months I would see the oncologist and the Reamadix was just a pill you took every day. Every 3 months I would see the oncologist, we would do scan once a year to see how I was doing, things were looking good, there were no hot spots that were glowing and so every time I had to go down and get a scan – you would get the scan and then you would have a couple of days waiting for the scan results. I would always feel my stomach was in knots and I would always ask myself, “Lisa where is your faith? The Lord has been in charge of this all a long.” But I was just - I’d feel that fear again. Like, “What if it’s increasing? Instead of no hot spots.” But they would always come back looking good, looking clear and it was like this huge ray of light that would wash over me and I’m so thankful to my Heavenly Father and I remember the oncologist saying, “Things are looking good and I’m not going to see you for six months, and I was like, “   I don’t know if I can go six months without seeing my oncologist!” Just because she always checking on me and doing those scans and making sure that everything is clear and then it got to the day when it was, “I will just see you once a year.” 
     "I felt oh my gosh, I’m still here! I hit my five year mark and it was like, oh my gosh I’m STILL here. It was kind of fun, when I hit my two year mark after all that we’d been through it was September, we decided to do something we had never done before, we decided to take the kids to Disneyland. I also did something I’d never done before I took my kids out of school – I mean school has always been extremely important – and we decided we had something to celebrate – I was still here it was two years after – and we did it! We found a place, which actually fit all six of us in one room which is kind of rare, it seems like everybody has only 2.3 children and they consider a room 5 people – we couldn’t. Well we found a place where we could all fit in one room. It was just right across from Disneyland. We went down there and we got – we had passes for three days. We drove down on Wednesday after school. 
     "We got there it was like a seven hour trip, we got in and we checked in and we were just so excited! To be on vacation together but doing Disneyland because - My kids – all these people where we live they’re always going to Disneyland there are people in our ward that have season passes to Disneyland and going constantly. My kids had never been and felt like the most deprived children on earth. We were finally going. And the thing that was great about when we went is that Kylie was just turning seven and Kylie was tall for her age and so it was great because Kyle was tall enough to go on almost every ride she wanted to go to.
    "There might have been a few that she was too short but they were rides she didn’t want to go on anyway like the Tower of Terror and things like that. I didn’t want to go on that one either. We also didn’t have to worry about diapers, we didn’t have to worry about naps, we didn’t have to worry about getting to mealtimes exactly on time we could wait a little longer. We had three day park hopper passes so we could go between California Adventure and Disneyland and we had the BEST TIME EVER. Three days was the perfect amount of time, we weren’t big shoppers so we didn’t need to go shopping, we just wanted to run around on all the rides and we had so much fun! Oh my gosh that was great! We got up on Sunday morning and had breakfast, then we drove back home. That was fabulous. That was September of 2007 and we had the best time. So we hit my five year mark and it was miraculous and wonderful, things were going well."

Comments

Popular Posts