Reading to the little ones


Four years ago I had a little Rosie who wanted to be read to all the time and would pelt me with books if I ignored her requests. I posted about it on Facebook, both laughing and a little frustrated at the situation. Dearest Lisa's name was forever written on my heart when she showed up at my house the next day with a bag of books. She read to Rosie for hours while I tackled some of the neglected messes around the house.
That service from her earned a yes from me whenever she would ask me to participate in future musical numbers. Prior to moving to Concord, my husband had only heard me play my flute once in our entire marriage. Thanks to Lisa, he's now heard me play quite regularly. She brought so much music into our lives.
I'm so happy for her to be whole again, but I am sad because I will miss my friend. I will love her always.
 — with Lisa Bills Lambert.

Lisa and Rosie Mannion - picture from her mother Ruth Mannion
February 9, 2018

Comments

Popular Posts